Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Week 7: Wikis + PB Wiki

Wiki: Wikipaedia is a well known web encyclopaedia. Wikipaedia is supported by approximately 200 different languages. Usually when I want to get some news about my home country, I visit the online newspaper of my home country. However, sometimes it takes a long time to get it(I still use dial-up internet!). But today I accessed my home country’s online newspaper through Wikipaedia (using my own language). It was easy and quick, and there were heaps of articles containing the latest news. I also like the fact that with Wiki, everyone can participate in it and share their knowledge and resources. When I was watching the video, demonstrating wikis, I thought, we could use it for Akozone Homework group.

However, the downside is that it is too easy for other people to edit someone else’s information easily and quickly. So even if I put up a good info that I want share with others, my posting may be gone by tomorrow!

SJCPL Subject Guides: I liked the Homework guides. It covers every subject from Elementary school to College. Also there are some useful links, so students can ask their homework questions and get the answers.

Book Lovers Wiki : I liked reading book reviews. If we want to participate in the book reviews, we can simply email our own book reviews and if we want to edit a book review, we can click on the “edit” page. We have to have an account and log in to edit, though. After reading some book reviews I ordered “The other side of Israel” by Susan Nathan.

PBWiki: It was easy to access the Favorite Blogs using the password, but I got stuck! How do I add my blog to the Favorite Blogs. I spent quite a long time then EUREKA! I know! I added my blog to the Favorite Blogs. It was so simple but I had thought it was asking me to do something different! Typical isn’t it?!

1 Comments:

At November 22, 2007 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you liked wikis....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home